In the News
Class Service Projects
Catholic School Advantage
Standardized Test Scores
Faculty and Staff
School Advisory Board
Tuition Rates & Fees
School Uniform Policy
Parents and Students
School Reach Messaging
Hot Lunch Program
Student Absence Form
Internet Use Policy
HSA & Fundraising
Gift Card Purchases
PreK 1: Audra Stith
Pre-K 2: Margaret Murphy
K: Mrs. DeFelice's Page
1: Ms. Susan Kiernan
2: Ms. Obiedzinski's Page
3: Ms. Mielnicki's Page
4: Mrs. Kutiak's Page
5: Mrs. Kenny's Page
6: Mrs. Millan's Page
7: Sr. Marie Luu's Page
8: Mrs. Patricia Picinich
Teacher Clod's Page
Technology-Sr. Marie Luu
Opening Deanery Mass
Catholic Schools Week
Reading & Scholastic Fair
Blue Jay Journal - News
Saint Nicholas School, Jersey City
Embracing, Nurturing, and Educating ALL God's Children
CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT:
My name is Spanky!
Anyone volunteering to be a class parent needs to complete Protecting God's Children.
Check out this link for Protecting God's Children Workshop Schedule!
Our Kindergarten Program
In a Catholic environment, a structured full-day program is provided for the children to grow socially, physically, spritually, and intellectually !
Our students will:
- Become aware of God's love of all
- Talk and listen to God through prayer
- Share God's love with others
- Develop a sense of morals
- Count to 100
- Recognize numbers in order
- Develop a concept of time and money
- Learn basic addition and subtraction
- Explore measurement
- Become aware of the world around
- Learn about their bodies/the senses
- Explore The Solar System/Space
- Learn about animals
- Recognize/write the letters of the
- Make letter/sound correspondence
- Read sight words
- Develop listening and comprehension
- Develop a love of reading
- Identify the basic needs of the family
- Learn about transportation
- Recognize symbols of our country
- Become acquainted with community
- Learn the different parts of a computer
- Recognize/find letters on the keyboard
- Play educational games to reinforce
School Hours - 7:45 - 2:50
Send a mid-morning snack !
Bring your own lunch, or purchase it at school.
After School Care available until 6:00 pm
Uniforms can be purchased from Flynn O'Hara Uniform Company or Lobel's Uniforms on Bergenline Avenue.
Learning to Love
Loving to Learn
**Embracing, Nurturing, and Educating All God's Children !**
Feel free to email me at anytime with questions or concerns
Fun websites for kids!
As the children get older they will be spending many hours a day in the classroom doing handwriting. Good writing starts with good mechanics.
Students should be encouraged to hold their pencil with the tripod grasp. The thumb and index finger hold the pencil and the shaft of the pencil rests on the middle finger.